About two months ago...

Sometime in late 2014, on a Saturday morning, I found myself walking around the house quietly singing a song to myself. I didn't think much of it until my wife turned to me and said "You know, it's been a real adventure the past 15 years to discover what song you're going to sing to yourself every morning."

I protested that it didn't happen nearly that often, but she assured me that most mornings, I had some tune or another stuck in my head, and they rarely repeated.

So, I decided to do a daily blog post about the song I have in my head each day, just to see where it leads.

2015-02-24

(Overdue #4: 2015-02-23) Goodnight, my angel

…time to close your eyes And save these questions for another day I think I know what you've been asking me I think you know what I've been trying to say I promised I would never leave you And you should always know Wherever you may go, no matter where you are I never will be far away

I had a good friend once who shared with me the story of how his mother selected a lullabye specific to each of her children, and she continued to sing that lullabye to them throughout their lives.

I shared the story with my wife early in our marriage, and she thought it was a pretty neat idea, and proceeded to choose one for each of our children as they were born.

While this is not officially the lullaby for our daughter, that doesn't mean I didn't sing it to my little baby girl from time to time. I don't know if she even remembers it, but this is a powerfully moving song for a father who loves his daughter.

Listen to it on on Spotify.

Watch it on YouTube:

No comments:

Post a Comment